Impact – Total Cash Donations = $8908.04
Helping Hands Books is dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our community’s young people. With the help of our partner organizations and individual donors, we hope to see our contributions continue to grow. Here is an ongoing list of what we’ve been able to do so far. From all of us here at Helping Hands Books, and from all of our beneficiaries, thanks to everyone who have helped us help others!
Cash Donations to Youth Organizations = $6709.96
Cash Donations to Local Public Libraries = $855
Funds Raised For Student Organizations = $1369
- September 2010 – $250 (LaSalle Multicultural Student Organization)
- January 2010 – $120 (MSW Student Organization at Widener University)
- January 2009 – $200 (MSW Student Organization at Widener University)
- May 2008 – $375 (BSW Student Club at Widener University)
- January 2008 – $74 (BSW Student Club at Widener University)
- December 2007 – $350 (MSW Student Organization at Widener University)
- Spring to Summer 2016 – Travelled to Camillus NY to help train Town Shop Youth Center teens, and the people who make the magic happen, how to set up and begin selling Vinyl Records online. Sent a $40 check to the Town Shop and a $40 check to the Folcroft Public Library.
- December 2015 – HHB dropped off a big bag of cookies and cakes from Trader Joe’s the the Librarians and Volunteers at the Folcroft Public Library – PA
- Throughout 2015 we dropped off 18 van loads of books, cds, dvds and vinyl records to Goodwill and 3 van loads to Nana’s Attic Thrift Store in Broomall PA
- September 2014-2015 – HHB Funds keep the water cooler running and coffee, tea, hot cider, hot chocolate, oatmeal, and instant noodles stocked at the Undergraduate Social Work House at West Chester PA.
- July 2014 – In the last year, we’ve donated many thousands of books, CDs, DVDs and Vinyl Records to local charitable thrift stores including: Goodwill, Salvation Army, and Nana’s Attic (dedicated to raising money for domestic violence emergency shelters)
- May 2013 – 3 boxes of Keurig coffee pods and a box of bite size candy bars donated to the Social Work Office at Widener University.
- April 2013 – Electric Tea-Kettle, instant coffee, instant oatmeal, multiple boxes of tea, instant soups, and a never-ending supply of cooler water for the Undergraduate Social Work Department at West Chester University.
- February 2013-May 2013 – Around 1500 vinyl records, 2000+ books, and 100+ CDs/DVDs donated to local Goodwill and Salvation Army centers.
- September 2012-January 2013 – A a little over 200 boxes of books, vinyl records, VHS, DVD, and CDs were donated to local Goodwill locations.
- February 2012 – August 2012 – Over the last 7 months, we’ve donated over 500 boxes of books to Goodwill, and over 100 boxes of paperbacks to local correctional facilities.
- July 2011 – January 2012 – In the past 6 months, we’ve donated thousands of paperback books to local correctional facilities, 25 boxes of children’s books to children’s centers, and 12 van-loads of books to Goodwill and Salvation Army. Each van load represents between 40 and 50 boxes of books.
- March 2011-June 2011 – Donated over 10 van-loads of books to local Goodwill, Salvation Army and Detention centers around Folcroft PA
- February 2011 – Donated a van-load of movies and books to Nana’s Attic Thrift Store, Broomall PA
- November-December – Over 3000 books to local charities, train-station waiting rooms, and coffee shops
- September 2010 – 5 boxes of quality children’s books for the Widener Charter School in Chester PA
- January – June 2010 – Over 40 boxes of children’s books to day care centers and children’s programs
- January – June 2010 – Over 150 boxes of books to local community and senior centers
- January – June 2010 – Over 3000 paperback books donated to local prisons
- November 2009 – 10 boxes of fiction books delivered to the Good Neighbor Senior Center
- August 2009 – 5 boxes of fiction books delivered to the Chester Senior Center
- February 2009 – 22 factory sealed movies and two new books for the La Salle University Service Trip Fundraising Auction
- February 2009 – 200+ children’s, adult fiction, and nonfiction books, plus over 50 VHS movies donated for a Bake and Book Sale at Chester Community Hospital to help raise funds for Widener University’s Take Back The Night event in April, 2009
- July 2008 – 100+ self-help, fiction, and nonfiction books donated to the clients of Social Work Consultation Services in Chester PA
- February 2008 – 200+ novels and children’s books donated to the Chester Pride Day’s book giveaway table
- January 2008 – 150+ textbooks donated to Books for Africa through LaSalle University
- November 2007 – Bookshelf stocked with books donated to the Domestic Abuse Project of Delaware County’s Emergency Shelter